Windows 10 is free and presented with significant improvements which will bring 3 fundamental benefits.
- Greater security and robustness.
- Efficient performance.
- Improvement of productivity and agility.
New tools at our disposal
Windows 10 latest update will put new tools at our disposal most of them focused on improving security and speed in processes. Next we comment the most outstanding.
The new Edge browser is Microsoft’s last major commitment to recover the land provided by Internet Explorer. Among the improvements of the new browser we find the possibility of inserting notes in the web pages, the option of reading mode, the possibility to save pages for later and the search through the virtual assistant Cortana .
The biometric password system that Windows 10 will use offers the possibility of validating the username and password in ways that until recently were science fiction. Security is one of the great challenges of the software market so Hello will allow facial, iris or fingerprint recognition.
The Windows Phone virtual assistant is in the process of being updated and improved to offer its features on any device. Cortana is able to understand natural language, which allows logical questions, as well as recognizing music, locating places of interest, creating alarms, saving notes, opening applications and many other functions that offer relevant information based on the needs and interests of the user.
Windows 10 update will work on all types of devices with perfect integration , Microsoft has developed this technology to automatically adapt to the hardware interface used at all times. In this way, you can look the same on each device that we use in an adapted way, which offers great comfort. In addition, it also improves the connection with all types of peripherals.
Windows 10 Pros
- Greater security and reliability.
- Robust code.
- Default encryption.
- Improved password manager.
- Updates at the time they occur.
- Biometric passwords with Windows Hello .
- Lower resource consumption and greater agility.
- Start Menu with most used programs, shortcuts, control panel, etc.
- Removal of emerging sidebars.
- Automatic synchronization in the cloud.
- Access to other devices from the PC or mobile.
- Improvements in efficiency and productivity.
- Unified system for all devices.
- Perfect integration of applications.
- Custom virtual desks.
- Virtual assistant
- Platform for leisure.
- Xbox account connection.
- Recording and broadcasting system in streaming .
- Better gaming and graphics performance.
Cons of Windows 10
- Minimum hardware requirements for optimal performance.
- Incompatibility with current programs (it is advisable to check that they are compatible with the new OS).
- Limited availability of some utilities depending on the hardware (such as Cortana or Hello).
- License price over € 100, depending on the version (if it is not possible to upgrade for free).
- Possible failures in the first days for free download requests and bugs .
Windows 10 requirements
- 1 GHz CPU
- 16 GB (32 bit) or 20 GB (64 bit) Hard Disk.
- 1 GB (32 bit) or 2 GB (64 bit) of RAM.
- Monitor with 800 x 600 resolution.
- DirectX 9 with WDDM 1.0.
What you won’t find in Windows 10
Naturally, when changing the version, not only will the previous version disappear, but many of its utilities will be considered outdated, so they will be updated automatically . This will happen for example in tools like OneDrive; but it is not a novelty that should alarm us.
Instead, Microsoft has decided to set aside certain Windows 10 services, which can lead to some damage depending on the type of user. An example of this is with DVD playback or connection with USB devices, which will require specific drivers . If this is a serious problem, you should not switch to the new operating system.
On the other hand, the company will offer update packages without which some classic programs will not be available. Well thought this is a strong point since things that we will never use are not pre-installed; And if we plan to do so, it will be as easy as downloading the required package. In any case and even if it is a minor problem, going around the tortilla, it is possible that we miss classic programs such as games (minesweeper and solitaire among others), so if we want to obtain them we will have to look for the corresponding update package , with its consequent investment of time.
If you are still in doubt, perhaps you should ask yourself a series of questions based on the most relevant issues or tastes in the use of your devices, and evaluate the change based on them. There are issues that are non-negotiable in the new Windows such as synchronization in the cloud or the default use of certain utilities (Bing, Office, OneNote …); which can be a problem for certain users.
The choice is yours. Windows 10, following the company’s tradition will be a powerful work tool, but this time, Microsoft seems to have taken the development with more care and attention, which is a double guarantee. This, added to the perfect connection with other products of the company such as Outlook, Skype, OneDrive or the Office tools will undoubtedly allow us to do our work in a more efficient, agile and productive way.