Introduction: What is Cyber Security Awareness Month and Why Should I Care?
The National Cyber Security Awareness Month is an annual event that provides a platform for the public and private sectors to share information about cyber security, and promote awareness of how to stay safe online.
This year’s theme is “Don’t Be A Victim: Take Control”. It aims to empower people with the knowledge they need to keep themselves safe online by teaching them how to avoid cyber scams, protect their personal information, and spot potential cyber threats.
Cyber Security Awareness Month also includes a week-long observance of National Cyber Security Awareness Day on October 26th. The day features educational events, contests, and activities for both children and adults.
October is Cyber Security Awareness Month. This month is dedicated to raising awareness of cyber security and the importance of protecting ourselves online.
Cyber Security Awareness Month was created in 2010 by President Obama to help educate Americans on the dangers of cyber attacks and how they can protect themselves from these threats.
In 2018, the US Department of Homeland Security released a report stating that 9 out of 10 American businesses had been hacked in 2017. That’s a significant increase from 2016 when only 8% had been hacked.
The National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) estimates that there are over 3 billion connected devices in the US alone, which means that we are all at risk for cyber attack and data breaches.
It is important to be aware of what you are doing online and take precautions when necessary to avoid being compromised or having your information stolen.
Cyber Security Awareness Month was first introduced in 2003 and is observed every October. The goal of this month is to educate everyone about cyber security and help them keep their data safe.
5 ways you can tackle the cybersecurity threats
The number of cyber attacks is increasing each year, so it’s important to stay vigilant. That’s why Cyber Security Awareness Month exists – to raise awareness about the risks and threats that are out there, but also provide people with the knowledge they need to protect themselves.
Cybersecurity is an issue that is becoming more and more important, and it’s not just for big companies or governments. It’s important for everyone. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of five ways you can protect yourself from cybersecurity threats.
1) Make sure you’re using strong passwords
2) Install antivirus software on your devices
3) Keep your software up to date
4) Use a VPN service
5) Encrypt your data
Cybersecurity is a big concern for many people, and it’s understandable why. With the rise of technology, we’re seeing more and more security breaches. There are many ways to protect yourself from cyber threats, but here are 5 of the best ways that you can tackle these cybersecurity threats.
1) Protect your password – Make sure that your password is not easily guessable by using a combination of numbers, letters, and special characters.
2) Use two-factor authentication – This is important because it requires two forms of identification to access your account. This means that even if someone gets your password, they won’t be able to get into your account without having access to the other form of identification as well.
3) Use antivirus software – Antivirus software can help you detect any viruses or malware that might be on your computer or mobile device before they have a chance to infect you.
4) Keep your devices up-to-date
Cybersecurity is a major concern for everyone. It is a growing field that has been around for decades. Internet safety and cyber security tips have been around for years, but are still not enough to keep up with the ever-changing cybersecurity strategies and threats.
The following are five ways you can tackle the cybersecurity threats:
– Educate yourself on the different types of cyber attacks, how they happen, and what the risks are.
– Keep your software updated to avoid vulnerabilities in your system.
– Ensure that you have strong passwords and change them often.
– Never click on links from unknown sources or download attachments from suspicious emails.
– Always use two factor authentication when available to protect your accounts from unauthorized access.
How to Stay Safe on Public Wi-Fi Networks When Traveling Abroad
Public Wi-Fi networks are not as secure as we would like them to be. This article will cover the dangers of using public Wi-Fi and how to stay safe when using them.
The first thing that you should do is check the network name before connecting. If it looks suspicious, don’t use it. You should also make sure that you’re only downloading software from trusted sources, and never enter sensitive information in an unsecure site on a public network.
Public wi-fi networks are a great way to stay connected while traveling abroad. But it’s not without risks. Here are some tips on how to stay safe when using public wi-fi hotspots.
1. Get a VPN: A VPN service will encrypt your traffic, making it much more difficult for anyone on the network to intercept and steal your data, including passwords, credit card information, and other sensitive information.
2. Use HTTPS sites: When you visit an HTTPS site, the connection between your computer and the server is encrypted with SSL/TLS technology which means that no one can see what you’re doing online except for the server you’re communicating with (and they already know what you’re doing).
3. Be careful about revealing personal information: Public wi-fi hotspots are notoriously insecure and any information shared over them could be seen by anyone else on that network – so don’t share anything sensitive or private over them!
Public Wi-Fi networks are a great way to stay connected on the go. They can be found in cafes, airports, hotels, and even some public parks. But these networks are not always safe and secure.
This section will teach you how to stay safe on public Wi-Fi networks when traveling abroad.
What are the Best Smart Phone Apps for Staying Safe Online?
With the rise of cyber-attacks, there is an ever increasing need for an antivirus and anti-malware app.
There are many apps that claim to be the best but in reality, a few are worth your time.
We have compiled a list of 10 apps that we believe are worth it.
In this article, we will explore the best antivirus and anti-malware apps available on the market.
The first app is called Norton Mobile Security. It comes with a variety of features including antivirus, anti-malware, and anti-theft protection. It also has a self-protection feature that warns you if you are visiting a dangerous site or downloading something that could cause harm to your phone.
The second app is called Avira Antivirus Pro. This one is also an antivirus and anti-malware app but it has more features than Norton Mobile Security including virus scanning for email attachments, chat messages and file downloads as well as automatic updates to keep your phone safe from new threats.
The third app is called Kaspersky Security for Android Phone. This one offers protection against malware and phishing in addition to viruses and spyware. It also comes with an internet security feature that blocks malware downloads when browsing the web on your phone.
With the advent of technology, we are able to access our work, social media and other personal information on the go. But this also means that we are more at risk for cyberattacks and even data breaches.
So what are the best apps for staying safe online? We have compiled a list of some of the most popular apps that will keep you safe from hackers and malware.
How to Spot a Prying Eye with these 5 Tactics from an FBI Special Agent
Identity thieves will go to great lengths to get their hands on your personal data. It is important that you know how a prying eye can find out information about you and how to protect yourself from identity theft.
1. Know What Information You Are Sharing Online
It is important that you know what information you are sharing online and where it might be going. Check your privacy settings on social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Be aware of what apps are requesting access to your information when installing them on your phone or tablet. Never share any sensitive information in public places like a coffee shop or airport lounge if you don’t want others around you to see it!
2. Use Strong Passwords
Use strong passwords that include at least 12 characters with letters, numbers, and symbols (e.g., “password123!”). Change them often! Also make sure that the password is not something easily guessed like the name of a family member or pet (e
The world has become a more digital place and we need to be more mindful of our personal data protection.
1. Be aware of what you are posting on social media – don’t post anything that you wouldn’t want the public to know about.
2. Use a password manager – it’s much more difficult for an identity thief to steal your information if you have a strong password and are using a password manager.
3. Be wary of email attachments – spam emails often contain attachments that can infect your computer with malware, which can then lead to identity theft and other cyber crimes. If in doubt, delete the email without opening the attachment!
4. Consider using two-factor authentication – this is when you use your phone number or another device as a second form of identification in order to access your account online or log into an app or service on your phone or tablet
5. Update your software and apps regularly – this will help protect against new cyber threats that might not
An identity thief is someone who tries to obtain personal information in order to commit fraud or other crimes. One of the most common ways that identity thieves get their hands on your personal data is by looking over your shoulder.
There are many tactics that you can use to spot a prying eye and protect yourself from becoming an identity theft victim. This article will present five such tactics from an FBI Special Agent.