The online learning market is witnessing unprecedented growth in 2022 and will likely exceed $375 billion by 2026. With so much potential for growth as more people stay at home and less learn locally, learning management system are becoming increasingly popular.
eLearning has brought flexibility, agility, and ease of learning to teachers and learners. Teachers can teach or assign course modules from anywhere in the world, and learners can take online courses or study course modules online from anywhere and on any device.
Companies around the world are also taking advantage of eLearning to train their employees for the next project, team management, HR compliance, and more. And even bloggers and influencers are using online course platforms to sell their knowledge to students around the world.
To get started with eLearning, you need a powerful Learning Management System (LMS). However, finding the right Learning Management System in an overhyped and already crowded LMS market is challenging.
In the digital transformation era, using an Learning Management System in a company or a training organization is more and more common.
Indeed, a Learning Management System offers multiple advantages: managing and monitoring your learners, offering E-learning, face-to-face or Blended Learning (mixed) training, and simplifying their administration via a single platform.
Are you new to the subject and looking to understand what an LMS is? And which Learning Management System is the top best Learning Management System of 2022? On the contrary, are you familiar with digital learning and want to discover all the features offered by an LMS?
What is a Learning Management System?
The Learning Management System is software allowing the “management” of training and learning resources. The Learning Management System makes it possible to deploy and monitor training actions from a platform that centralizes and organizes all this information automatically.
What should you know about Learning Management System platforms?
- Who are the actors in a Learning Management System platform?
Within an organization, whether a company or a training organization, several stakeholders are required to use the management platform. Among them are:
- The administrator (s) will be in charge of administering and, therefore, managing the platform. They install, update and configure the LMS taking into account the needs of learners and trainers. The administrator is, in a way, the conductor of the training platform.
- The trainer (s): their role is to create eLearning training courses. They must carry out training modules to be integrated into these courses to do this. They have several formats at their disposal to engage learners as much as possible (videos, text, images, quizzes, etc.)
- Learners: they can be divided into groups. Their role is simple, and they must follow the training paths in which they have previously been registered.
B) Who are Learning Management System platforms for?
Training management platforms are a real asset for many organizations, regardless of their size, particularly for training departments.
- Companies: SMEs or prominent companies are interested in acquiring an Learning Management System for several reasons. Firstly, they can offer their employees a real training experience. But LMS software also allows companies to save considerable time and money over the long term. For example, training your learners from an e-learning platform will allow you to save time and money on travel or accommodation costs.
- Training organizations: they often have many more learners than companies. For this, an LMS can be the ideal tool since it allows you to manage training registrations and closely monitor learners’ courses automatically.
LMS and integrations: what do you need to know?
For companies and training organizations to be successful, Learning Management System platforms must be able to integrate into their educational environment. LMS integration into other systems like membership, HR information systems, Payroll and other systems ensures ease of use, and efficiency.
But then, how can training management platforms interconnect with the HR tools already in place in organizations?
Some of the ways LMS’s are being integrated into workplace tools include HRIS (human resources information system) which makes it possible to automatically retrieve data concerning employees and automate human resources management (arrivals, departures, leave, etc.). For training organizations, it’s the same! This interconnection facilitates the onboarding of learners, the allocation of training, or even the automatic sending of notifications.
- What is interactive learning on an LMS?
Interactive learning is a learning method based on the interaction between trainers and collaborators. Unlike a lecture where the trainer is the master, this pedagogy places the learner at the heart of the training by soliciting the learner’s input and encouraging the learner to participate. An LMS can promote interaction thanks to tools like virtual classes and social learning.
The notion of interaction in learning is important because it makes it possible to counter a major problem that distance learning encounters: learner engagement. Indeed, e-learning can sometimes create a feeling of isolation for the learner if the latter is not sufficiently supported. By promoting participation, interactive learning breaks this isolation and motivates employees.
Why choose a Learning Management System?
- What are the benefits of an LMS?
Among the many advantages of an LMS, include:
- Training is more accessible: employees have access to their training whenever they want. Thus, they progress at their own pace, making learning more effective.
- Hosting of training and educational resources: all resources are concentrated on the platform. In this way, each actor in the training process can access these resources whenever they wish. The trainer can also modify or update old training relatively easily and quickly ensuring that learners have updated content at the ready.
- Time saving: training trips are greatly reduced thanks to LMS.
- Reduced training costs: even if the acquisition of an LMS platform requires a reasonably high investment, this expense will be amortized afterward.
- Measure training performance: data now makes it possible to create detailed reports on the use of the LMS platform. Thus, an administrator can know which training worked or not.
- Follow users’ progress: thanks to data, evaluations, and feedback, a learning management system allows you to assess your employees’ knowledge.
- Protect data: personal data is secured through security systems.
- Learning Management System: why digitize the training of your employees?
As a trainer or training manager, you probably have been confronted with the various problems caused by e-learning (isolation of the learner, demotivation, difficulties with digital technology, etc.). However, digitizing your training offering into more personalized learning will allow you to increase your learners’ engagement.
The digitization of corporate training is a question that comes up more often, yet some organizations are still reluctant to take the plunge. In addition to all the advantages attributed to LMS platforms, one of the most appealing is the easy access to training and its rapid distribution. Indeed, thanks to digital training, employees train faster, more simply, and more efficiently. Learning Management System also makes it possible to offer employees a personalized journey thanks to adaptive learning, a method based on data and artificial intelligence.
- Learning Management System: what learning methods?
An increasing number of learning methods that integrate into a learning management system, are emerging to enrich the sometimes “boring” learning paths. Among them, we find mobile learning which allows employees to access their training whenever they want and often even offline. Furthermore, gamification makes it possible to offer fun training content to learners. Finally, social learning is another educational modality based on exchange and sharing between employees via forums or online chats!
The first training courses need to be created after the LMS platform has been acquired! You have several options for this:
- Create a training course using the integrated authoring tool on certain LMSs
- Import existing educational content in SCORM format ( Sharable Content Object Reference Model)
- Select content on shelves.
Learning Management System and training evaluation
The Learning Management System functions as a warehouse where you can store and track information relating to your training modules, educational resources, learners, and skills plan.
Since all this information is stored there, it is easier to evaluate your training device. As a result, you can automatically determine the lead generation, engagement, and success of your digital training. This data can relate to many parameters related to the training action.
Here are a few :
- Learner profile and behavior (profile, time spent on the LMS platform, level, and results);
- Statistics of groups of learners (comparing groups with each other and analyzing the differences in the behavior of groups with different learning methods);
- Connection time (full time, real connection time, teaching time);
- Scores (all types of evaluation, hot and cold).
This data is essential for adjusting your training systems to improve them.
The data also makes it possible to cross-check your Learning Management System platform with other internal company data (commercial, productive, etc.). Thus, you can benefit from effective KPIs to measure the ROI (return on investment).
In this sense, the Learning Management System examples opens up horizons for the training sector that were still unknown or difficult to imagine a few years ago: linking the performance of an organization to the performance of its training system. Even if this link has always been evident, measuring it makes it possible to give value to the teaching activity in the company. Finally, the detailed analysis of each modality or learning content makes it possible to improve its effectiveness more quickly and precisely.
The Top Learning Management System of 2022
eLeaP Software LMS is the top learning Management System of 2022. eLeaP Learning Management System can reduce your costs, provide increased flexibility, and save you time.
The Learning Management System creates, manages, and tracks training quickly and efficiently, making it easier to achieve learning goals. Learning Management System leads to a better learning experience by empowering employees to manage their learning. Learning Management System leads to a better learning experience by empowering employees to manage their knowledge.
eLeaP software assists you in creating, managing, and launching your online courses. Throughout the process, you will find easy-to-use tools that will guide you. The eLeaP Learning Management System is a web-based system. It requires no new software to work. It is designed to encourage self-service while providing a seamless user experience. eLeaP LMS will keep adding new features and provide free backup services.
There are various branding options with eLeaP, such as the ability to add your logo and colors, and even instructions for your participants. In addition, eLeaP LMS also offers a White Label Learning Management System option for consultants and HR firms.
With eLeaP, you can access a wide range of compliance courses. Pick the ones that fit your needs and begin. The process doesn’t have to be complicated.
The Best 2022 eLeaP Learning Management System Provides:
- Unlimited Server Space
- Secure Hosted Learning Management System
- API, Webhooks, Version Control
- Single Sign-on support
- Quizzes, Tests, Assessments & Surveys
- On-the-Job Training tracking
- Customizable, branded Learning Management System
- Management tools
- 1500+ video training courses
- Unlimited Courses
- Continuing Education CEUs
- Unlimited Learning Paths
- Unlimited Observation Assessments
- Unlimited Events Tracking
- PowerPoint, PDF, Video upload tool
- Tracking and reporting tools
- 24/7 Tech Support
- Free Setup